|This article is a stub. You can help Temtem Wiki by .|
Types are properties of Temtem and techniques. Each type confers a specific array of strengths and weaknesses against other types. Each Temtem can have up to two types, while techniques can only have one type. The typing of a Temtem determines whether that Temtem will take more or less damage from a technique of a specific type, whereas the type of a technique indicates its effectiveness against a targeted Temtem.
There is a total of 12 different types in Temtem:
- Neutral type
- Wind type
- Earth type
- Water type
- Fire type
- Nature type
- Electric type
- Mental type
- Digital type
- Melee type
- Crystal type
- Toxic type
Strengths and Weaknesses
Each type can be strong when used against Temtem of certain types, weak when fared against others, or impartial. Very effective hits do x2 damage, neutral hits do x1 damage, and ineffective hits do x0.5 damage. Because Temtem may have two types, both have to be taken into consideration for the effectiveness of an attack. This way, a technique with a type that would be very effective against both types of a Temtem causes x4 the normal damage; a move that is ineffective against both types of a Temtem makes x0.25 damage; and an attack that is both very effective against one of the types and ineffective to the other neutralizes the hit to deal normal damage, x1. Below is the full type chart for each type's individual effectiveness against itself and its counterparts.
A defending Temtem is considered to have a "weakness" to a certain type if the damage multiplier against it is greater than 1x, and is said to have a "resistance" if the multiplier is less than 1x. For example, the fire type has a weakness to the water type, because water moves do 2x damage to fire types. In return, water has a resistance to fire because fire moves used against water Temtem have a damage multiplier of 0.5x. Combining different types together can affect these weaknesses and resistances, sometimes making them more extreme and sometimes cancelling them out altogether. Below is a full table of the number of weaknesses and resistances for each possible dual type combination, as well as a count of the number of Temtem that have been announced to have that particular type combination.
There is a spreadsheet available online.
It contains all type match ups dual-type Temtem, as well as:
- a list of the strongest and weakest typings which includes
- all Temtem with minimum and maximum number of weaknesses
- the strongest and weakest 8 Temtem, calculated by taking into account number of weaknesses & resistances
- a cumulative score for every dual-typing to determine how strong/weak each combo is
- a count of how many Temtem exist of each typing (including Temtem currently unobtainable, but excluding dual-type Koish)
- a secondary Water chart to include all Iridescence type matchups
- Temtem types are color-coded: white for Neutral, red for Fire, green for Nature, blue for Water, yellow for Electric, purple for Mental, brown for Earth, cyan for Wind, orange for Melee, black for Toxic, magenta for Crystal, and grey for Digital.
- There are no type combinations that have 0 weaknesses.
- There are 8 type combinations that have only 1 weakness, 3 of which are only a single type.
- There are 7 combinations that have the maximum number of resistances at 5.
- User "Kirotone" has put together a spreadsheet, containing type match ups for all dual-type Temtem, as well as a list of the strongest and weakest typings.